Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.
Help your family, plan ahead.
Pre-planning for your funeral services isn't something many people want to think about, but it is a vital way to help your family. When you pre-plan your funeral services, you will know that your memorial is exactly how you want it. In addition, your family will get the extra help they deserve during one of the hardest part of your life.
View the benefits of pre-planning:
- Offers you peace of mind
- Takes added stress away from your family members
- Reflects your wishes
- Alleviates the financial burden that is put on your family
Learn more about eliminating the financial burden of your memorial.
When you pre-plan your funeral services with us, you aren't required to pay in advance. However, we do recommend paying when you plan, because of the price guarantee. Inflation is constantly occurring, which can mean that the funeral you plan today may be much more costly later on.
Also, when you pay ahead, you will take away the financial burden put on your family. This will allow your loved ones to focus on healing emotionally. You can visit either one of our locations in Forked River or Toms River or make arrangements in the comfort of your own home.