What Is A Funeral Celebrant?
Many people are now moving away from the traditional way of conducting funeral services. People opt for more unconventional methods of performing these services and choose a celebration of life, which is very different from a regular funeral service or memorial service. The person that officiates at a celebration of life is called a funeral celebrant.
Services Offered By a Celebrant
A funeral celebrant works in tandem with the family and helps them plan and organize the service as they wish. At Ocean County Cremation, we can connect you with local celebrates offering services including:
- The initial meeting with the decedent's immediate family and close friends to discuss and organize the service's details
- They will understand what the family's wishes are and take into consideration the decedent preferences in case they have left behind any specific wishes
- They will focus on creating a personal and unique ceremony that is a reflection of the deceased person's life
- The celebrant might play either a secondary or primary role at this celebration of life service
- They will be available to the family during and after business hours so that they can discuss all the details of how the service will be conducted
- Making sure that no details are missed or overlooked
- These professionals will also assist with selecting readings, music, poems and verses or other personal touches at the funeral
- They will work closely with the funeral director and make sure that the family's wishes are conveyed to the latter as they will help with preparing for the funeral.
- Sometimes, family members feel that they would not be able to deliver the eulogies, and that is when the celebrant will step in and do the needful
- They will lead the service in line with all your preferences and make sure that it is an elegant and sophisticated affair.
If you want to know more about funeral celebrant services and other details, don’t hesitate to call us at Ocean County Cremation. We’ll be happy to help.