What Is A Celebration Of Life Service?
Family members experience a lot of grief when a loved one passes away. Many naturally focus on the loss instead of celebrating the life lived. They think of what they could have done and how they could have prevented the tragedy. At Ocean County Cremation Service, we believe that a celebration of life can help people heal and move on.
What Is A Celebration Of Life?
Celebration of Life is a memorial service where family members come together to celebrate the life and personality of a deceased loved one. They share beautiful memories, reminisce, and focus on happiness instead of a loss. This kind of celebration isn't like a funeral. There is no casket or body to view and most people don't even display the loved one's ashes.
Flexibility is one of the most attractive aspects of a celebration of life. There are no traditional rules or guidelines for you to follow. Families can choose activities and create a plan based on their preferences or the deceased’s personality.
How To Plan A Celebration Of Life?
Planning such a celebration isn’t very difficult. You can choose activities that would help people focus on the deceased individual’s life instead of death. Here are some tips that can help:
- Create a playlist of the deceased’s favorite songs or bands. That is a great way to bring forth the most pleasant memories.
- Ask family members to share pleasant experiences, jokes, and anecdotes connected to the loved one.
- Create a video or a slideshow showcasing their life achievements and candid moments.
- Take a trip to a favorite vacation destination with family and friends.
- Showcase their hobbies or collections at the celebration venue.
If you want to know more or want to arrange for a service, contact us at Ocean County Cremation Service today. We'll be happy to help.