What Goes Into the Expense of a Standard Funeral?
Organizing a funeral can be an expensive proposition and most people aren’t aware of the costs up until the time they actually have to plan and pay for one. There are a number of different services that come into the picture and many different employees are involved in making all the arrangements. All of these things have bearing on the cost of the funeral.
We at Ocean County Cremation Service like to provide our customers with as much information as possible about the different services and what their charges will be. Since we offer customized services, we are able to make the changes you need and match the services to your requirements. Here is a quick look at what goes into the expense of a standard funeral:
Basic funeral services fee
This fee varies from one establishment to the next and includes:
- Filing the paperwork
- Securing permits and copies of the person’s death certificate
- Properly storing the decedent’s remains
- Managing all the arrangements with the crematory, the cemetery, any third parties
- Operational and funeral home-related expenses
Additional funeral expenses
Additional services & goods are the items that funeral homes offer at an added cost and you can choose which of these you need. The services and goods costs may include:
- Cosmetic/embalming preparations of the body
- Use of a funeral home/cemetery chapel for the visitation, viewing funeral service, or even the memorial service
- The use of a vehicle like a limo or a hearse, or some other transportation
- Casket, urn or outer burial container
- Burial clothing
Aside from this, you would have to pay a cash advance. This fee charged by the funeral home for the goods/services they may procure for you from third-party vendors. If you want to know more about the cremation or want to arrange for a funeral service, contact us at Ocean County Cremation Service today. We’ll be happy to help.