Questions to Ask When Choosing a Cremation Provider
Cremation has become increasingly popular as an option to handle the final remains. When you finally settle on this option for the departed, finding a reputable cremation provider is a major responsibility. You need to know a lot of details about the cremation and funeral services offered by a provider.
Limiting the search for a cremation provider based on the family’s past experience, or suggestions from friends can prove risky. It becomes necessary to do comparison shopping to get the best services within your budget. You should know the questions to ask a cremation provider to arrive at the right choice. Here is a sample questions list:
- Ask for the inclusions and exclusions of products and services in the pricing as different providers have different solutions.
- Request for the price list of services and products as they are bound by law to give them. This will allow for price comparison while selecting a provider.
- Ask for the referrals to check about the quality of services, products, and the reputation.
- Check whether the price quoted is the final price as add-ons for incidental services can inflate the budget..
- Enquire about the on-site cemetery. In the absence of one, the body will be transferred to a third party provider and you will need to check their credentials.
- Enquire about the remembrance center for products like caskets, urns, keepsakes etc. and their price list.
- Ensure the easy availability of the cremation provider on phone and on the internet as there are always last minute issues you need to clarify.
- Request for a tour of the cremation facility to judge its cleanliness and maintenance standards.
These queries will help you to arrive at an informed decision in choosing a cremation provider. This will also enable a competitive and flexible cremation package that suits the family budget.
Asking these questions and some more that you feel are relevant is one way to ensure that your loved one gets the best care available. If you want to know more about our services, contact us at Ocean County Cremation Service today. We’ll be happy to help.