Creative Ideas for Funeral Services
Today, many families that plan funeral services for a loved one who has passed are moving away from tradition and custom. While they too feel grief and sorrow in the same way as anyone else, they choose to express it differently. Many people are choosing a celebration of life rather than a standard funeral service and look for ways to add a creative touch to the funeral service. There are many ways to do this, and here is a look at some of them:
- Many people are choosing to hand out seed cards at funeral or memorial services. They are a great way to honor the decedent, as the seeds in these cards can be planted in gardens and yards, and the plants or trees will remind people of the person that has passed. Many companies supply these cards, and you can enquire with the funeral home about these products.
- Since there are many flowers at a funeral service, you should consider using them in some way. Disassemble the bouquets and make posies out of them. You can distribute them to the people attending the service, and it's a unique thank you gesture.
- The flowers can also be turned into jewelry pieces, decorative articles, and blended with clay to create attractive beads. These can, later on, be given to family and friends that had attended the funeral service.
- Many families also choose to get customized caskets that are embellished with writings or decorations that depict the interests or hobbies of the decedent.
- Also consider incorporating your loved one's favorite foods and music into the service. This is a wonderful way to remember them and is sure to bring up some stories from guests.
When you try some of these creative ideas for funeral services, it lends a more personalized touch to the event and also adds uniqueness to the ceremony. If you want to know more about creative ideas for funeral services or want more information on our funeral services, don’t hesitate to contact us at Ocean County Cremation Service today. We’ll be happy to help any way we can.