What is Direct Cremation Disposition?
In the direct cremation disposition option, the cremation occurs soon after the death of the person. There would be no funeral service conducted before it, making it an affordable option for many.
Direct Cremation- Basic Features
- In this process, there is no formal funeral service. There are no pre-funeral events, either. It means that you save all the expenses of a traditional funeral.
- The person that has passed away is cremated right after death, and you just have to choose crematory services.
- There would be no elaborate, expensive casket involved, which also reduces the overall expenses.
- There would be no visitation or wake, eliminating the necessity for embalming the decedent's body or organizing for other similar preparations.
- If you like, you can still conduct a memorial service later on at a time that suits your family. It will save you on costly funeral arrangements.
- If you decide that you want to have a direct funeral as well as a service, it could be a memorial service. However, if you conduct the service before the person is cremated, it becomes a traditional funeral.
Planning a Direct Cremation
The crematorium staff will handle all the nitty-gritty of the process, including organizing for the death certificate and the decedent's transportation to the crematorium. Funeral homes charge very differently, and all of the services offered during a direct cremation are significantly lower.
Our funeral director can provide you with all the information that you need about the process, which will help you make a better decision about the option you prefer. If you want to know more or want to arrange for a service, contact us at Ocean County Cremation Service today. We’ll be happy to help.